Monday, February 9, 2015

Failure sometimes is the best teacher

Saturday we went to the nature center or reflection riding.  It was great, really nice to be out and see God's beautiful creation.  I took over 300 pictures in that 3 hour adventure.  One is my favorite.  Out of all the pictures it was one of the biggest failures on my part to setting my camera up.   I like failing sometimes, it shows me things, about me.   About life. 


Anyway my encouragement to you is do things that you have a good chance of failing.  Growing up my brother and I would ride bicycles almost everyday.  The thing I would tell myself to feel better about how much I crashed was.  "If you are crashing you aren't learning anything.  I crashed a bunch.  I only remember it being a bad crash 3-4 times.  I was good at riding bikes.  I could bunny hop 360.  All I'm saying is part of learning new things is tasting dirt, getting up and brushing that dirt out of you clothes and hair.  Sitting there and thinking through why it didn't work that time and trying again. 
Oh, I crashed over and over and over again learning 360's.  I think it took me 6-9 months of crashing to finally land a 360 consistently.  Anyway, failure is one of my best teacher friends. 

No comments: