Sunday, May 15, 2016

Anti-social blogging

I was an early user of Facebook and the like.   I didn't worry about it then.   I started noticing people, me included, finding it super important to know what new info had been posted.   By new I mean increments of time that for me began quite large and spacey, a month or so.   I noticed that with me it slowly grew to something that filled the natural moments of rest.   Instead of smelling the coffee and noticing things and pausing, I would pick up this black rectangle and stare into it as it portrayed other worlds that my friends were in.   
I'm not so worried about the small hand held portals into other places but the truth that when I let it into the parts that used to be rest I was loosing me, those breaks give me a second to get a grip and see clearly.   
I think of it like trying to search for my keys using binoculars.  They are great tools for seeing that wild life out there in the trees but not so good about looking behind the picture on the mantle.  

Here is to me finding the rests and really taking a breath.  Let's live this life.  

No comments: